- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the natural light that we get in our small apartment thanks to the large double windows in both the living area and bedroom, which are pretty hard to come by in NYC apartments. The windows are east facing, so the sun rises and shines into the apartment in the morning. I also like that it is generally one open space, yet corners and nooks lend themselves to creating separate personal spaces.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Don't rush things. We've lived in this apartment for two years already and are always adding and taking away pieces in the apartment. Creating a space that feels personal and homey takes time.
2. I like to work with a more neutral, clean palette for the larger pieces of furniture and mix things up and add color to the space with the smaller pieces.
3. Mix high and low. I scour Craigslist and flea markets for unique vintage pieces that are well made but a fraction of the price I would pay in a store. IKEA can get a bad rap, but the minimalism of their pieces works well in creating a clean canvas for you to add your own personal touches.
ATVideo of the Day