Location: I live next door to Sonoma in Petaluma, but Sonoma is my backyard, and favorite place to spend an afternoon.
City: Sonoma, California
Sonoma is the place for living the Wine Country lifestyle. There's a weekly farmer's market in the historic Sonoma Plaza, a square surrounded by art galleries, wine tasting rooms, and local specialty shops. Adventure beyond the downtown and visit the abundant vineyards and wineries that make this region so desirable, always filled with good wine, fresh food, and happy people, whether local or visiting.Kate's Guide to Sonoma
For more articles about living in the Wine Country, read my articles here.
1. Favorite Neighborhood Home Store
- H FRANK: 28 West Spain Street
From their site: "The premiere home furnishings store located on the historic Sonoma Plaza."
2. Go-to Shop for Gifts
- SUMMERVINE: 100 West Spain Street
Tabletop and cookware
3. Best Vintage Shop, Thrift Store, or Flea Market
4. Favorite Bookstore
- READER'S BOOKS: 130 East Napa Street
From their site: "Good books, good talk, lots of events, and opinions, jokes, and music in abundance."
5. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- BASQUE BOULANGERIE CAFE: 400 First Street East
From their site: "Sonoma's 'Bistro on the Square' and home of Sonoma's original sourdough and sweet French Breads."
6. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- WHOLE FOODS: 201 West Napa Street
7. Best Place to Buy Flowers
- TUESDAY FARMER'S MARKET ON THE PLAZA: Sonoma Plaza on the Square
Tuesdays - 5:30 PM - Dusk; April through October.
8. Best Neighborhood Park
- HISTORIC SONOMA SQUARE
Located in the center of Sonoma
9. Best Spot to Take Visitors
- THE KENWOOD CORRIDOR: Wineries along Highway 12 starting at Ledson and ending at Kunde> or...
Photos: Kate Riley