- Birmingham, AL
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the mixture of old and new. Plus all of the colors make me very happy.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Buy what you love and you will never get tired of it. Beds and dressers can be hugely expensive so I try to stick to classic lines and buy mainly used. Thrift stores, Craigslist and Flea Malls have amazing deals if you're prepared to rummage through the toot. I'm a stong believer in creating the look for less and snagging a bargain. I'm not the most organized person in the world, so I try to have plenty or storage options to keep my mess in check. Under the bed drawers for things I don't use on a daily basis, seating that doubles as storage and a dresser and nightstands that provide plenty of drawer space.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Our bedroom is definitely a place to escape from the daily grind. Being able to move the seating (a stool and knitted pouf) helps make the space more versatile and means we're not stuck with perching on the bed. We use the space to read or listen to music or catch up on emails or just hang out with Murphy (our resident photo bombing expert!). And of course sleep.
My Bedroom Retreat