- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- When I rented my apartment a little over a year ago I fell in love with the exposed brick, timber beams, and high ceiling. The small size makes living by myself comfortable, but the layout is open, which is great for entertaining. Additionally, living in a small space allows me to live in a prime location close to everything.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Pick colors that go well together, but avoid making your place matchy-matchy. In a small space you don't have the luxury of having multiple rooms with their own styles and color schemes. I think cohesion makes a place tailored and helps it to feel larger than it is.
2. Keep it clean. Any type of clutter makes a small space start to feel claustrophobic and uninviting.
3. Have fun! Just because your place is small doesn't mean you can't show your personality, add a beautiful impractical piece or throw a kick-ass cocktail party.