Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Staunton, VA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- In my last apartment, I wasn't allowed to paint, so when I moved to this place and found out I could, I kind of went crazy with it. This room — the living room — was the first place I painted, and I did it within about a month of living here.
I couldn't figure out what to do with the place, but knew I loved this light blue color. I think it's mostly because it's just such a happy, funky color — kind of retro, but modern and fun at the same time. So I just told myself to stop thinking so much, paint the damn room, and the rest will come. And it has!
- Colors used in my room
- The room is painted in Valspar's Sprinkle — it's a light blue robin's egg type color. The coffee table is painted Valspar's Toasted Wheat, with a herringbone texture on top. Other yellows, such as golden and mustard tones, are repeated throughout the room, in addition to deep greens, turquoises and dark purple.
- Tips for using color successfully
- I think you just have to kind of go with your gut and find pieces you love, and hope they'll come together. In my case, the things I love about my favorite pieces in the room are the color!
I started with the wall color, and when I found my crazy tropical floral curtains at World Market, I fell in love with them. A couple weeks later, I found the mustard-colored armchair at a thrift store — I feel like those three things are really the core of the room, and they're my favorite. From there, I just kept adding on, and it turned out I found a bunch of objects I love that go with the blue/yellow/purple/green colors. This room is my favorite place in my apartment, and it's because of the color!
- Funky Vintage
See all entries