When you're slaving away at the screen, a small scale-y friend is all you need to keep you company and keep your spirits up. Plus, we think it makes us more productive—you can space out by tapping on the tank instead of heading straight to Facebook.
We all know that owning pets can benefit your health and decrease your blood pressure, cholesterol and feelings of loneliness.
If you're not ready for the commitment of a dog or cat but want to get in on the pet love, why not add a fish bowl to your workspace landscape? We found a few of our favorite fish-friendly desks around Flickr to inspire you:
- Mattkoltermann accessorizes his iMac with some foliage and a fish bowl on his door-turned-desk home office, adding that "every desk needs a plant! And a fish."
- Rudi and Milo keep their fish (and their rabbit!) on the desk.
- DeclanTM keeps their fish on their "command center" in a super-bubbly Baby Biorb fish tank.
- Fauxen's Beta fish, Sparrow, sits pretty at the corner of the desk as they work on their thesis.
- Trekkyandy knows that a fish tank doesn't only provide (silent) company, but also light for your workspace.
- DennisSylvesterHurd's desk-dwelling fish Sonny and Cher get international exposure in from of his Web cam.
- But if you're not ready for the commitment, DIY a temporary fish tank like Beezly.