It seems to me that the toys in our house, and the majority of our friends' houses, keep proliferating. There are so many toys that many of them can't even be played with; there aren't enough hours in the day. Instead of buying new ones, try upcycling items which would normally end up in the trash (or the recycling, if we're lucky). These projects do create new toys, but there may be even more fun in the making of them.
If you've got any of these raw materials hanging around and your kids are looking for a project, try one of these great tutorials:
1. Plastic Bottle Barbie Boat at Spoonful.
2. Candy Box Car at Projects for Preschoolers.
3. Hand Soap Water Balloon Pump at Find It, Make It, Love It.
4. Soda Bottle Tiaras at Paper, Plate, and Plane.
5. Upcycled Building Blocks at B-Inspired Mama.
6. Detergent Bottle Fairy Houses at Filth Wizardry.
7. Yogurt Bottle Binoculars at Little Cook.
8. Soda Bottle Tractor at Spoonful.
(Image credits: Spoonful; Jen Goode; Melanie Hamilton; Jeromina Juan; Dyan Robson; Lindsey Boardman; Dacil @ Little Cook; Spoonful)