We currently keep chargers in several spots:
- on each side of the bed for the regular nightly full charge
- under the couch for a quick charge while watching TV
- at the PC for iTunes syncing
- mobile chargers in each of our cars for on the go charging
- an extra charger ready to go in our travel pack so we never forget to bring it on trips
Buying directly through Apple is an insanely expensive option where the Apple USB Power Adapter runs $29 and the Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable goes for $19. $50 for an extra charging station was just too outrageous.
Searching for iPhone charger on Amazon brought up over 15,000 results. Don't be fooled by "OEM" labels as the majority of these knockoffs are definitely not official Apple products. Priced as low as $2 it was definitely worth a shot on some off-brands to be able to charge anywhere around the house. For around $30 we're pretty much covered anywhere we go.