One of the best parts of the post-holiday return to normalcy is, well… the return to normalcy. Putting away the decorations, cleaning up the mess left from the madness, and bringing some order and simplicity to your home should be a satisfying and therapeutic experience. But what if you mourn—even just a little bit—the festive glow from the twinkling lights? Incorporate some sparkle into your everyday decor; use simple white lights to cozy up a corner or compliment your existing lighting.
1. A combination of twigs, twine, and white lights forms an ethereal canopy bed, from Julie Hope.
2. Cara Lynne from ShShh-Shop on etsy uses white lights in her snug studio, seen in the Open Studio series.
3. Bare bulbs dress up a neutral palette in this series by Jennifer Causey in The Makers Project.
4. A beautiful light canopy makes a cozy place to go to bed, from boho girl.
5. Simple white lights dress up a vintage mirror in Emma Jane Noren's home, featured on design*sponge.
6. Dress up a wall with a cute light garland made from dixie cups; here's a tutorial by the Loveliest Day.
7. Combine blank white canvases and white lights to make a dazzling piece of art, from Apartment Therapy.
8. Enclose your bed in a fairy-inspired lightscape with some sheer fabric and twinkle lights; seen on shine from yahoo.
9. Colorful garland lights add whimsy to a corner; via Tabletonic.
10. A literal "star" shines on the wall of Annaleena in her inspired home.
Images: 1. Julie Hope, via flickr; with permission; 2-4. as linked above; 5. Chloé from caught the light; 6. Jenna McKenzie 7-10. as linked above.