1. Have plenty of canned, wonderful foods! These are my personal favorite, the San Marzano Gourmet tomato brigade! Choose your favorites at your local grocery store. (Make sure you have a manual can opener!)
2. A warm, cozy blanket, like this Chevron Throw from Nube Green, $135.
4. Old school Camp Socks! Keep your toes warm! $16.50 at J. Crew.
5. A sturdy, insulated thermos for hot drinks, soups and stews, like this Stanley Vacuum Bottle, $49.50 from Eddie Bauer.
6. The multi-function etón FR160 Red Cross Radio: charge your phone, connect headphones, even generate a solar-powered LED light. $39.99 at Cabela's.
7. Water, water, everywhere, but all of it is snow. Keep hydrated! Try my favorite, electrolyte-enriched, Smart Water.
8. Long-lasting candles. Tea lights are easy to move around. These Northern Lights Candles come in a 50-pack, and each burn for 6 hours. $24.99 from Amazon.
9. And last, but definitely not least, a reliable flashlight. Forget the ones you can buy at the drugstore, invest in a Multi-Function LED light, with red flashing emergency LEDs. Available for $14.99 at Eddie Bauer.
Images: as cited above. Mosaic by Andie Wurster.