2) Appoint one color to each family member.
3) Keep track of your standing tasks with a different color. This is more to see what's new on the list.
4) Create a place to check off accomplished tasks. Forget scratching out the item, this makes the board too busy. A simple checkmark keeps the to-do list clean.
5) Clean the board off every night as well. When you are making your list for the next day, get rid of the items that were taken care of or the delivered messages. Again, clean is the way to go here.
How do you keep track of your everyday tasks and messages?
Check out more message board ideas from Apartment Therapy:
- How To: Make a Kitchen Cupboard Message Center
- Make Your Own Message Center
- Message Board/Dining Table and Bench
(Image from Point Click Home)