Name: Keith and Paige
Location: Belmont Heights, Long Beach, California
Size: 1,100 square feet
Years lived in: 1 years; Rented
The day of Keith and Paige's tour I am embarrassed to say I was running late, plenty late. Making my way from a shoot in Laguna to Long Beach, I called from the 405 (Hello, Californians!) to see if I needed to reschedule. Not at all, they insisted, so I arrived, apologizing profusely, to be greeted by the sweetest couple, goofiest dog, and a warm, eclectic home that immediately put me at ease.
With an eclectic mix of patterns and textures, Keith and Paige's home is a warm and inviting place to relax. Paige works out of a home office that perfectly reflects her aesthetic as a freelance photographer, with plenty of sweet personal touches.
On a side note, the couple was counting down to their wedding when I visited, and have since gotten married. Congratulations to you both!
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: Scrounge n' lounge!
Inspiration: Travel, music, repurposing, functional, simple.
Favorite Element: Our 5 year old puppy, Lincoln. A rescue dog is the best addition to any home and family. We found our little buddy at the California German shorthair rescue here in Southern California.
Biggest Challenge: The kitchen with its horrible fluorescent lighting, and black and red trim elements in the tile that were difficult to work with.
What Friends Say: Our friends are our biggest support. We're happy if they are happy.
Biggest Embarrassment: Our roll-up window covers.
Proudest DIY: Transforming our kitchen from Retro 50's to a light open space that better suits our style.
Biggest Indulgence: Our living room rug from West Elm, and our coffee habit.
Best Advice: If you're into bargain finds like we are, don't rush. We are constantly adding and subtracting from our home. Wait for those perfect elements — you'll know without a doubt when you find them.
Dream Sources: Flea Markets, Friends, and Garage Sales.
Resources of Note:
- Desk: World Market
- Coffee Table: Long Beach Antique Market
- Entry Way Dresser: Found on the side of the road
- Mirror above entry table: Long Beach Antique Market
- Couch: purchased from a friend
- Whiskey Barrel: Lowes
- Side tables: Passed down from family members
- Curtains: Target and World Market
- Couch: Craigslist
- Chair: World Market
- Desk: Bought an old door from the Rose Bowl Flea, bought glass to put on top of it and made it a desk!
- Rug: Large Mexican blanket from FLEA
- Shelves: Ikea
- Hanging plants: Lowes
- Dining Table: Craigslist
- Bed: Overstock.com
- Bedding: West Elm
- Dresser: Passed down from family
- Rug: Ikea
- Mirror: Craigslist
- Wall Art: Flea Market / Personal photography
Thanks, Keith and Paige!
(Images: Kim Lucian)
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.