- Edmonton Alberta Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that there are seven windows in the living room! I have a a beautiful view of my beloved prairie skies and can also see the downtown skyline in the distance. Clutter makes me feel antsy so I aim for calm by having a minimum of objects in my home (whether visible or tucked away in storage).
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Keep it in your heart, not in your sightline: Set out one or two small tchotchkes alongside a larger, more dramatic piece. For the rest? Take a picture and say goodbye.
2. It really is ok to use regular size or even oversize furniture in a small home. The headboard on my bed is 6 feet tall -- but, there are only 3 pieces of furniture in the bedroom, which helps keep it from looking overcrowded.
3. Try bespoke: I had the bedroom furniture custom made and got exactly the right sized pieces for my room, for roughly the same price as store bought.
ATVideo of the Day