Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Philadelphia, PA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- It's sunny, light, vintage and somehow also modern AND it seems to work with the textiles we've picked up along the way. Oh it's also not too fussy like us! We also love that most of the furniture was free or nearly free. Can't lie though, we splurged on the mattress, it's a Temperpedic and one of the best decisions we ever made. We now wake up rested and happy in this bright cozy space.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- This year we focused on simplifying and got rid of a lot of excess like the double layer of curtains we switched out in favor of simple grey roller shades. And we try to do 3 things:
1. Have as few things as possible on top of any surfaces like dressers and nightstands
2. Try very hard to not throw clothes on the floor, which doesn't always happen since I'm perpetually running late.
3. Then have some fun and make it livable. Dinos and a painted luchadore box on the windowsill, a dressed mannequin nicknamed "Lenny Kravitz" etc.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- We've made it our place to just spend time together. Which means anything from sleeping in when we can to watching Harlem Shake videos on YouTube in bed for an hour. We also consider it a peaceful bright warm place to get away from the Philadelphia winter.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat