My husband thinks having a physical wall calendar at home is an outdated notion, but my son and I use it all the time so I try to pick one that appeals to us both. We mark down upcoming events and I use it to visually show him how much time he has to wait for one of these events to arrive (especially his birthday which is more than 6 months off but inquired about weekly).
The past few years I've ordered an illustrated animal-themed calendar from Sadly Harmless (#8 above) and here are some others I've pulled together in case you're looking for something along these lines.
Another idea is to make your family a photo calendar starring your kids. I make one every year for the grandparents, but it would be fun for my son and I to look at photos of him from when he was a year younger.
1. Coloring Calendar ($25, Be Happy Now)
2. Life Calendar: How was your day ($13.21, Brigada Creativa)
3. Illustrated Calendar ($19.75, Steph Says Hello)
4. When My Baby Dreams Calendar ($12.99, Calendars.com)
5. Kate Endle Collage Calendar ($13.99, Kate Endle)
6. Cute Animal Calendar ($15, Loopz)
7. Stitch the Stars ($25, Branch Home)
8. Grand Champions Calendar ($12, Sadly Harmless)
9. Taro Gomi Daily Doodle Calendar ($12.99, Chronicle Books)
10. The Birds in Hats Calendar ($16.46, Birds in Hats)