Yes, you can! My Home Ideas gives some great kid-friendly decorating tips and also tips on how to keep your look and home appearing newer, longer:
• Choose durable upholstery that looks better at it ages. Leather is easy to care for and never goes out of fashion.
• Use wipe-clean paint. Grubby hands needn’t be a bother, even on pale walls, if you use a finish, such as eggshell, then most stains can be removed from.
• Go for washable slipcovers -- a must for a family room and perfect when the fun spills over.
• Get a bed with storage baskets as they are perfect for keeping bed linens in -- and toys, so the kids can amuse themselves while you relax.
• Go for practical dining chairs that’ll stay pristine. Leather just needs a quick wipe down to stay looking smart.
• Select smart flooring, such as laminate, that will withstand tricycles as well as dropped food and drink.
• Oilcloth adds a fun touch during the daytime and protects the table from spills.
For more tips, visit the My Home Ideas Web site.
Photos: Mark Scott