You finally have your home decorated just so
--- or, you are just about to start decorating your dream space -- and you want to create a happy marriage between your child's life and the look of your home. How can you blend the two together? Is it possible to keep you designerly sensibilities and let your kids be kids in the home?
Yes, you can! My Home Ideas gives some great kid-friendly decorating tips and also tips on how to keep your look and home appearing newer, longer:
• Choose durable upholstery that looks better at it ages. Leather is easy to care for and never goes out of fashion.
• Use wipe-clean paint. Grubby hands needn’t be a bother, even on pale walls, if you use a finish, such as eggshell, then most stains can be removed from.
• Go for washable slipcovers -- a must for a family room and perfect when the fun spills over.
• Get a bed with storage baskets as they are perfect for keeping bed linens in -- and toys, so the kids can amuse themselves while you relax.
• Go for practical dining chairs that’ll stay pristine. Leather just needs a quick wipe down to stay looking smart.
• Select smart flooring, such as laminate, that will withstand tricycles as well as dropped food and drink.
• Oilcloth adds a fun touch during the daytime and protects the table from spills.
For more tips, visit the My Home Ideas Web site.
Photos: Mark Scott