The ornate nature of this style benefits from modern accents, as is evidenced in many of the rooms below:
2. Little L's Pink Charmer - Upholstered headboard? Check. Monogrammed pillow? Articulated walls? Check. But the surprise highlight here, is that that abstract art that looks like a million bucks was painted by the daughter!
3. Pryor's Green, White, and Yellow Pad - Pryor's room is a lovely conglomeration of painted vintage, cowhide rug, and some Jonathan Adler love.
4. A Small Space Nursery Triumph in Manhattan - An oversize Audubon, orange zebra print rug, and sage green walls turn what could have easily been a "Happy Modern" space into uber glamorous.
5. Jane's Jewel Box Nursery - Modern art and a streamlined changing table counterbalance the chandelier and traditional prints.
6. Malcolm's "Fit for a Gentleman" Room - Malcolm's mother Christine is the epitome of glam on her blog "Bijou and Boheme." Unabashed in her use of adult furniture and styling elements, she even zhuzhed up a malm dresser.
7. Ellie Kate's Aqua Abode - Nothing says glamorous like Tiffany Blue. The addition of wainscoting completes the effect. So pretty!8. Harper's Girly with a Touch of Glam picks its spots. Gold wall decals, upscale black and white prints and a colorful rug are a quick way to transform an entire room.
9. Mila Goes Pink and Green - This staple color combo never goes out of style.
9. Mila Goes Pink and Green - This staple color combo never goes out of style.The inclusion of a variety of textiles steps this up a notch. Next trend? Put a butterfly on it!
10. Two Kids' Rooms in a Brooklyn Brownstone - In classic Novogratz form, this famous design duo turned "Classic Glam" on its head. The toile wallpaper is buoyed by unexpectedly bright ceiling, chevron headboards, and basketball net. Even the traditional chandelier has gone green.
More chandelier-laden Going Glam: 10 Classic Glam Kids' Rooms.
(Images: as credited in original posts)