Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Kim & Scott
- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Because it's small, it's also very intimate. We do have an open floor plan in the kitchen and living area (which we love), but it's just the right size for a group of friends to gather and linger over the counter, on the couch, and around the coffee table. Scott's favorite thing? He can vacuum the whole home using just one outlet!
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Storage is always a challenge, and as a result, an untidy home in a space this size equates to clutter very fast! We work in bins, baskets and old cigar boxes to hold and organize our items (keys, blankets, wallets - even our booze!), and we're always thinking vertically. We've added a storage cube in our tall hallway above the back door, and we custom built all of our vertical shelving throughout the home to display prettier items - while still using vases and jars to group like things.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- We've put a lot of love and built so many memories in this home in the last 5 1/2 years, but this summer, we'll be moving on to a new adventure. We're in the process of purchasing a fixer upper in our favorite Chicago neighborhood, and this money would help fund our renovations - a dream we've had for as long as we've been together! We're happy to call our "little" condo complete, and while leaving this home is bittersweet, we can't wait to see what it's in store for our future house.
See all entries