Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Hoboken, NJ
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It's very calm and quiet. I live on the second floor of an old (pre 1850) building. The building was renovated in approx 1997 to the floor plan I submitted. I purchased and moved to the property in 2005.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Being creative, thinking outside the box, being organized and editing are key. I concentrated on finding additional space within the space. I opened up a wall to create a big pantry hidden behind some old shutter doors that I put on a rolling track. I opened the wall next to the frige to create a narrow storage column. Many of the furnishings in my place are from thrift stores and or repurposed. Being handy and willing to try to do projects yourself also goes a long way.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I have had my mind on reupholstering the two french style armchairs I found at the Salvation Army in a belgian linen and or perhaps some new tile for the bathroom floor.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013