I've finally hit the point in this process where it feels like it's really happening. With a massive sheet of plywood is leaned up against the wall in my tiny bedroom it's pretty unavoidable, like it or not I'm all in.
After a lot of hemming and hawing about the size, shape and exact measurements of the headboard we settled on a size and how we would go about attaching the finished piece, either to the bed frame or wall. We opted to secure it to the bed frame because we've found when hanging artwork that studs seem to be few and far between and the ancient drywall crumbles easily under pressure.
With the measurements on hand we set out to Home Depot and had a piece of plywood cut to our specifications. I also procured this amazing cactus. I may or may not have a slight hoarding problem with houseplants, although I prefer to think of it as a hobby. We decided it probably wasn't the safest thing to have in the bedroom when we're stumbling around in the dark so it went to live on the bar cart and I moved a couple of plants from the living room to the bedroom to bring a bit of green in.
The other thing I've accomplished is most of the ordering, my nightstand is on its way along with the foam, batting and spray adhesive to upholster the headboard. We're still on the lookout for a stump for the second nightstand and waiting on the fabric swatches to arrive in a couple of days so we can make our final selection and get it all put together.
(Images: via Kim Lucian)