Painting is not an option for us (as I suspect is the same for many renters), so I decided to focus on creating a gallery wall that I really love in order to bring some color to the walls. One of my goals with this cure is to lighten and soften things up a bit with our existing decor, so I created a palette and selected my artwork with that in mind.
I am also bringing in lighter toned frames, repainting the existing ones with a white lacquered finish, and adding in a couple gold and wood ones.
1. Clare Elsaesser, "So Much" $45 for 11x14
2. Kari Herer, "Fox and Flower No. 9890" $30 from 8x10
3. Style Me Pretty, DIY abstract art
4. Anna Korkobcova, Color Paint Chips, by commission
5. Stasia Burrington, "The Science of Missing You" $20 for 8x10
For my project, I decided to shop a few new accessories for my kitchen seeing as it's on full display. I wanted to swap out anything plastic for pieces that were utilitarian but still stylish. Here are a few of my favorite options.
1. Marble Paper Towel Rack, $16 from West Elm
2. Copper Top Pump + Pour Soap Dispensers, $30 each from West Elm
3. Maple & Walnut Board, $50 from Reclaim Workshop on Etsy
4. Natural Fiber Dish Brush, $5 from Amazon
5. You Cook, I'll Clean Dishtowels, $42 from Anthropologie
MORE OF KIM'S STYLE CURE:
- Kim's Interview: Beautiful Classics with an Edge
- Kim's Style Scouting: Texture, Vignettes and an Abundance of Plants
- Kim's Before Photos: Tackling a Multi-Tasking Space
- Kim's Floor Plan: A Compact Layout
- Kim's 2013 Cure