Name: Kingston Rock (3)
Location: North Florida
When we decided it was time for Kingston to get a big boy bed I thought that was also the perfect time to redecorate his room. The first step was negotiating with a 3-year-old about the paint color! His favorite color is green, so he was pretty bad at me when I told him we were going to paint his room gray. We compromised on a green bed.
I didn’t want it to be too “themey” but had been collecting a lot of stuff over the last few months that I thought he’d like. So when it was all put together, we ended up with a with a vintage/cars feel. Perfect for a little boy who wants to be a car when he grows up!
- The shelves are from Home Depot. I lightly sprayed them with a flat gray, so they wouldn’t have such a shiny look.
- The curtains and bedding are from H&M. And the pillow is an Etsy find. I’m still looking for a few more fun ones!
- I made the art piece above his bed. It’s just a decal (from Etsy) on a sheet of plywood. Kingston loves Anderson’s Mini Cooper, so this was a big hit!
- The arrow sign is from Target. It reminded us of the neon signs from the Cars movies. :) I found the old hubcap at an antique store and made the pom pom garland and the pennants on his bed.
- All of the old books and toys are from antique and thrift stores or were mine and my brother’s when we were kids. I’m so glad my Mom saved everything!
- My dad made the shelf out of an old Coke crate.
Thanks, Lindsay! Readers, visit Lindsay at Pink Coffee Photo.