Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Kirstin & Jeff
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our little home is a Casita Del Rio—it’s right at an entrance to the LA River in Atwater Village, and we’ve become full on river people. We are so lucky to have all these exotic birds, peaceful water, and stunning natural landscape steps from our house. And in the midst of LA freeways, it’s the weirdest thing. The location lifts the spirits with our house filled with reminders of places, people, and experiences that make us happy, and that inspires us to make our stuff! Having a lot of space means nothing if it doesn’t energize you to make your stuff, and there’s always projects happening here. But mostly we love our home because Mr. Furley (the coolest little doggie in the world) lives here.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- I honestly think the biggest challenge of a small space is that it often goes along with a small budget! Pretty much everything we own is hand-me-downs, from a thrift store, or made with our own four hands. It might be nice to have fancy wallpaper in the office, but we settled for tacked-up brown kraft paper instead. Also, the perpetual possession purge was hard at first, but now feels oh-so-good.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- Awesome (non-standard-rental) light fixtures both intimidate and thrill, so we’d get some of those up there stat. And we’d like to spend some time and money turning the unspeakable piece of covered concrete out back into an acceptable outdoor living space.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013