- Atherton Appliance and Kitchens 695 Veterans Blvd. Redwood City, CA 94063
3 Compelling kitchen cooking/design tips:
- I used Caesarstone for my countertop as opposed to using granite, et. al. Great material that emulates the look and feel of natural stone (limestone, concrete, terrazzo) minus the hassle that is inherent with granite or any natural stone material. For a more natural look, I used matte finished Lagos Blue Ceasarstone that is very much like the real limestone Lagos Blue.
- For lighting, I used 4" diameter recessed halogen lighting that is hooked up on a dimmer switch (www.lutron.com).
Dimmer switch is great so when you are done with cooking, you can dim down the lights for a more intimate and loungey ambience.
- Roll-out shelves are practical and utilitarian than the fixed adjustable versions. Old kitchen cabinets can benefit from this simple redo. Replace existing base cabinet shelving with new roll-out versions which are available at (www.Ikea.com).
- For kitchen seating, I used a set of vintage chairs (www.editfurnishings.com) that complement each other as opposed to matching pieces. This personalizes the space and at the same time gives off a nice warm 'lived-in' feel that tones down the 'newness' of the space.