When I was a kid, it was popular to have country-style collections of wicker baskets and copper molds that would decorate the tops of cabinets and the walls of kitchens. (Remember Martha Stewart's 1980s kitchen?) This look has long since gone out of style, but it's still popular to show off more modern collections in the kitchen...
- 1 Shannon and Emmett's white dishes compliment their IKEA cabinets. Organized in a row, they add sculptural shapes and character to this streamlined space.
- 2 Utilitarian Ball jars look organized on a white shelf in B, Joe & Rachael's home. We also love the small detail of the lab beaker.
- 3 Kim's kitchen includes ceramic teapots and vessels to complement the Asian Modern theme.
- 4 Lisa and Clay update the old tradition of hanging plates on the wall by using a free-form pattern with bright colors.
- 5 Amy's kitchen is decorated with carefully curated pieces from Chinatown and discount stores.