If you'd love to buy your favorite cook a culinary gift, but aren't sure what he or she needs, try one of these excellent DIY crafts. Alone or paired with a nice cookbook or gourmet treat, they're perfect for any kitchen.
- Make your best friend some very stylish wood and leather trivets for her new apartment. DIY from Design*Sponge.
- Beautiful, hand-dyed table runners are a thoughtful gift for your environmentally conscious aunts. They're made using natural ingredients, including turmeric and fresh berries. From Brittany Makes.
- These stylish cutting boards are easy IKEA hacks, made using leather cord. IKEA via Poppytalk.
- Your friend who's always throwing terrific dinner parties? Make a botanical stamp, then stamp away to make her some lovely napkins. From Green Wedding Shoes.
- Follow this DIY cookie cutter tutorial and make your favorite baker his own cutters based on his favorite things. From Suburbia Soup.
- This pretty DIY apron is perfect for your favorite little helper - but it can be made in adult sizes too. From Coordinately Yours.
- Your mom is hosting four parties this December. Make her a soothing herbal teas blend and package it in personalized bags - you could switch it up with seasonal tags, from snowmen to Christmas trees. The Sweetest Occasion via Chelsey Boatwright.
- Use your new woodworking skills to craft this salt cellar for your sweetie. You could even burn a sweet message or monogram on it. From Instructables.
(Image credits: Design*Sponge; Brittany Makes; Green Wedding Shoes; Suburbia Soup; Coordinately Yours; Chelsey Boatwright; Instructables)