Marble may be standard for countertops, but it's still a bit unexpected on the wall, especially when it's installed in gleaming slabs. As these kitchens show, marble on the wall can add pattern to a clean-lined space, brighten a small one, and look elegant paired with a variety of cabinet styles.
- Slate blue cabinets are a stylish counterpoint to a white marble backsplash and countertops in designer Solenne De La Fouchardierea's home. Rue Magazine via Decor*Pad.
- The natural patterns on this lovely marble are the centerpiece of a kitchen from Martin Moore & Company.
- A marble backsplash is part of a gorgeous mix of colors and textures in a sun-soaked kitchen by Australian interior designer Greg Natale.
- Kelly Deck's show kitchen for IDSwest featured a glamorous mix of gold accents and marble. Rosa Pearson Design via FlutterFlutter.
- A classic white kitchen gets added interest from the marble backsplash, Hicks pendant lights, and patterned barstools. Jacob Snavely Photography via Live Simply by Annie.