I recently posted the progress of my kitchen renovation, and all of the comments got me thinking that maybe I should try grey or white countertops rather than black to keep the light, airy feel of the space.
I have been stuck on the idea of Carrara marble so I did some testing this weekend. Staining or etching was not a problem in my tests. I left red wine, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice soaking on the marble sample for 3 days and it cleaned off immediately. But, even with those end results, have finally come to the conclusion that this stone is not for me. At least not for the kitchen, because it scratches and it dents without hesitation, and I can just see dropping a plate, a canned good, or a heavy cast iron pan and mucking up the countertop for life. People are passionately for or against Cararra and I am happy to have drawn my own conclusion.
Today I share several light colored but more rugged countertop ideas, for those who share my Carrara plight. Maybe these samples are not as luxurious as Carrarra, but they certainly are beautiful, and they will stay that way for years to come.
1. Kasmir White Granite via Houzz.com
2. White Quartz via Granite Gurus
3. White Tile from Elle Decor via This is
4. Unidentified Stone via Kitchenremodeling.com
5. Bethel White Granite via Moda Pietra
6. Penny tile via house to home
7. Super White Quartzite via Granite Gurus
8. Kashmir white granite via Involving Color
9. Kashmir white granite via kashmirwhiregranite.com
10. Penny tile via Green Bicycle
(Images: as credited above)