We have encouraged you this spring to declutter, clean, and pare down. We also have encouraged you to make sure you have at least the minimum equipment in your kitchen arsenal: a good chef's knife, and one good sauté pan.
Many of us though are stuck with pans from ages past - scratched, flimsy, formerly nonstick, flaking, rusting, battered and ugly skillets and pots. With the help of Staub, we are replacing the five worst pans we can find.
Read on for more info on this great pan...
See that pan up there? It's a new 12" fry pan from Staub, and it's a beauty. We saw this at the Housewares show and were really impressed. It has everything we want in a skillet and sauté pan. It's heavy and substantial, so it will heat evenly. It has a wood handle that won't get too hot, and it is durable and knife resistant. And the 12" size is perfect for most daily stovetop cooking tasks.
We love that it can go in the oven, too! It's suitable for gas, electric, induction, and oven cooking.
The pan also has a new sort of honeycomb dimples on the inside that give you a good sear on your meat but also release easily and cleanly without a pesky, unhealthy nonstick coating. Plus it's just really, really pretty. This is a skillet to build a kitchen arsenal around, and we're giving away five.
You can see more information on the pan here, as well as purchase it.
• Staub 12" Fry Pan, $139.95 at Chef's Resource
Here's how to enter our spring clean giveaway.
Win a Free Staub Skillet
• Send us a photo (or two) of your worst and most battered pan. This doesn't have to be a skillet - it can be any pot or pan in your kitchen. It has to be a pan you own or live with.
• Tell us the story of the pan - anything you know of its sad history and life.
• Tell us what you'd like to cook in a new Staub fry pan.
• Put all this in our entry form below! (US entries only please)
• Our editorial team will choose the five worst pans (and sob stories) we get and announce the lucky winners later this week.
• Deadline: 11:59pm Wednesday April 30
More Staub from the Recent Housewares Show
• Staub's New Titanium Cocotte
• Hot Trend: Mini Casseroles, Pots and Pans
• The Staub Grillpan
• New from Staub: Collectible Grey Pig and Cow Cocottes
(Images: Staub and Good Housekeeping)