Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Porland, OR
- Inspiration for my palette:
- We live in Portland, OR and it is very grey and dark here many months out of the year. When we purchased our 1908 home, most of the rooms and some of the wooden floors were painted grey. I wanted to brighten the house up, and nothing brightens quite like yellow.
- Colors used in my room
- Yellow, blue and everything in between.
- Tips for using color successfully
- We have picture molding on our walls about 18" from the ceiling. When we moved in, the walls were a dark color below the molding, and white above the railing. This made the room feel very small. I painted our walls a bright yellow below the picture railing and a lighter yellow above the railing, which creates a fade and makes the room feel bigger with a higher ceiling.
- Better Brighter
See all entries