My husband's favorite Christmas gift this year was a pair of quirky argyle socks from the Swedish company Happy Socks. It surprised me, but he loves wearing the turquoise-and-red-on-navy socks, and I noticed the other night as he relaxed with his socked feet up on the coffee table how much the socks "popped" in our living room. Why not bring argyle into home decor? So I headed off in search of ways to do just that. Here are some favorites I turned up:
1. A quilt by From the Blue Chair
2. A pillow by Kevin O'Brien at ABC Carpet & Home
3. A pretty cool idea inspired by the exposed steel cross-bracing in a living room
4. An argyle rug from Nilima Home
5. Grass, pavers, and joint lines make up an argyle pattern in this patio by Hallmark Design Group.
(Images: 1. From the Blue Chair, 2. ABC Carpet & Home, 3. HGTV, 4. Nilima Home, 5. Hallmark Design Group)