Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Kristen & Emre
- Seattle, WA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We LOVE the floor to ceiling windows! Our apartment gets tons of natural light, which makes it feel much larger than 420 square feet. Plus, the view is beyond amazing! We love being able to see multiple bodies of water, mountains, and downtown Seattle right from our couch. The dogs really enjoy being able to see what's happening on our street as well! The openness of the floor plan is pretty awesome, too! After being in a fairly claustrophobic (although larger) one bedroom apartment, it's nice to have a place with an open, airy feeling.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Pare down as much as you can. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to go without things you love, but it's very freeing to get rid of things you no longer need. We certainly still have things that we don't use all of the time, though!
2. Implement a one-in, one-out policy. This has been crucial to us maintaining sanity in a small space! It doesn't have to be exact, but it definitely helps to keep our wardrobes in check.
3. Find furniture that can work double duty. Our dining table also serves as a desk and a table for crafting. It's also the most ingenious piece of furniture I've ever seen: it's a drop-leaf table that has four folding chairs stored inside of it! We can seat 6 people for a dinner party, but we can also fold the table away so it's nearly entirely out of the way.
See all entries