Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I purchased the duvet cover first and decided to pull out as many colors as I could throughout the room. I wanted the room to feel like I was on vacation in a Mexican resort, and added authentic Mexican bark paintings and furniture to help complete the room. I also painted small canvases in similar colors to look like Mexican tiles and framed around them to create unique art pieces.
- Colors used in my room
- Hearts of Palm (the green) and a lilac color that I believe is discontinued but looks much like Queenly.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Try, try again! I am not a good "visualizer" of color, and find I need to bring physical items into the space to get a feel for what works well together. Often I will accidentally stumble upon a complementary color by bringing these items in. Also make sure to get paint samples and try them on the wall before committing to a paint color--the color often varies based on lighting and space!
- Colorful Resort
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2013