Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Because it's so small, I think it really lets my personality shine through. I've had to make choices to make everything fit, so it's full of pieces I really love -- especially an old desk and vanity chair of my grandmother's that I just refurbished. In the winter, my apartment feels comforting and cozy and, now that summer is approaching, it feels bright and energetic. Everything I need is right at my fingertips and it keeps me from hanging on to, or adding to, piles of things that I don't even remember I have.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Find places for the things you love most first. There might not be enough room to showcase everything you have, but this way the most important things aren't accidentally left without a home.
2. Organize your clutter. When it suddenly occurred to me that I didn't have a junk drawer (or any drawers at all), it was a fun excuse to buy some colorful boxes for the stuff that doesn't quite have a home.
3. Utilize all your hidden space. Everyone keeps things under their bed, but when I realized my couch was hiding plenty of storage space too, it was like a whole new world. Under the couch, in the ottoman, inside the stove... if there's room for something, find something to keep there.
See all entries