- DOWNTOWN BOOKS: 327 East Wisconsin Avenue
Wander the stacks of this used bookstore with multiple levels of literary imagination to be explored.
2. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- BUCKLEY'S KISKEAM INN: 801 N. Cass Street
A great place to meet friends for brunch on Sunday, or just grab a copy of the New York Times and a latte and plant yourself on the patio during the summer months. Another option is to stroll down to the lakefront and grab a cup of coffee at Alterra.
3. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- METRO MARKET: 1123 N. Van Buren Street
4. Best Place to Buy Flowers
- CATHEDRAL SQUARE FARMERS MARKET: In Cathedral Square Park
June through October, Saturdays 8 am - 12:30 pm.
5. Best Neighborhood Park
- CATHEDRAL SQUARE PARK: West of the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
Also check out Juneau Park and Veteran's Park.
6. Best Spot to Take Visitors
- COUNTY CLARE: 1234 N. Astor Street
An Irish bed and breakfast, I suggest taking guests to try the Guinness Pot Roast for dinner. You can also grab a pint of Milwaukee's finest local brews.
Photos: Kristen Thanks, Kristen!
Interested in sharing your neighborhood with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our Neighborhood Guide Submission Form.