- Inspiration for my palette:
- It's a 1939 stone cottage with Tudor Revival influences. The exterior is rather dark, with lots of huge trees and lots of shade. I wanted to keep the interior as light and happy as possible, and that minty jade color is in keeping with the period of the home.
- Colors used in my room:
- Benjamin Moore Prescott Green HC-140 and White Dove, but closest Sherwin William match would be Slow Green SW6456 and Alabaster SW7008.
Shades of blue-green (from mint to sapphire), light blues to turquoise, and butter yellow.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Listen to the house! Use cleaner, cooler paint colors in homes with lots of white trim, dark wood floors, and gray/white/black finishes like marble and quartz. Use muted, warmer paint colors in homes with materials like stone, granite, and carpeting.
- Light & Happy
More posts in Room for Color 2013
ATVideo of the Day