Name: K.P.C. (7 months)
Location: Ottawa, Canada
K's nursery was pieced together with the intention of creating a fun, whimsical, "make me wanna smile" space to enjoy. My husband and I love to spend time in the nursery with our little man and we think (hope) he enjoys it as much as we do.
We didn't find out the gender ahead of time, so this room actually started out as gender neutral. However, as I kept adding items I started to realize it was probably more suited for a boy than a girl. Maybe it was mother's intuition!
Much of our design inspiration came from browsing different galleries and blogs. However, after I found and purchased the fabric for the curtains, everything else slowly fell into place. Admittedly, not everything in the room necessarily goes well with another and there is definitely A LOT of pattern in the room, but all of it put together makes me chuckle inside and that's really the "theme" we stuck to.
- Wall decal: The original design is called "Retro Dotted Tree" by Circle Line Studio (Etsy). The decal itself was actually recreated (with permission from the designer) with latex paint and hand-cut stencils.
- Crib: Walmart's Baby Mod Modena
- Crib sheet: RagexLove (Etsy)
- Chest and toy/book shelf: IKEA
- Glider: Second hand from Kijiji then repainted and reupholstered
- Storage boxes in Expedit: White boxes painted with acrylic paint
- Area rug, lamps, side table: Homesense
- Curtain fabric: Kaufman How The Grinch Stole Christmas Spots Chartreuse.
- Canvas art: DIY. The images are clipart images from Fotolia.com (rvika is the name of the author).
- Crib mobile and bracket: DIY
- Paint colour: Valspar's "Drizzling Mist"
Thanks Sharon - well done!
(Images: reader Sharon C.)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE