Name: Kyler (11 months)
Location: Orlando, Florida
We wanted to create a space Kyler could grow into that was bright, fun, and educational (keeping our budget in mind too)! I am not the craftiest person out there necessarily, however, thanks to Pinterest, Google, my hubby and my dad, I was able to find instructions for most of the things I wanted to do.My husband made the entertainment center, my dad made the bookshelf and storage benches, and I made all of the poufs and some of the pillows! By doing a lot of the work ourselves, we were able to save a lot of money and were able to personalize the room more.
Our daughter loves her new playroom and it is so nice to have an area that is just for her! I imagine she will have many years of fun in this room and it was a blast putting it all together! We are buying her a kitchen for her birthday and the room will be complete!
• Orange Paint: Autumn Glaze, Valspar
• Large Map: Lulukuku Designs on Etsy
• Bookshelf/benches: My dad made! Inspired by Land of Nod
• Entertainment Center: My hubby made!
• Red paint for table: La Fonda Fireberry, Valspar
• Fabric for windows: Rainbow Chevron by Riley Blake
• Fabric for poufs/pillows: Gotcha print by Premier Prints in: Corn Yellow, Chartreuse, Candy Purple, Girly Blue
• Fabric for benches: Corn Yellow by Premier Prints
• Fabric for small striped pillows: Bungalow by Michael Miller
• Rug: Lusy Blom, Ikea
• Storage for benches: Branas, Ikea
• Storage on bookshelf: Y Weave, Target
• Clock: Target
• Easel: Ikea
• Table and chairs: Bright Nantucket set by Kid Kraft
Thanks Michelle! Readers, visit Michelle at This Grey House.
(Images: Kendra Gilbertson)