- Des Moines, IA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- Our bedroom is a rarity in our neighborhood. Most of the 1930s bungalows like ours have only a narrow strip of attic, but we found a gem in this house. The entire half-story upstairs is open and airy with dormers and built-ins. With all the angles and corners, and the view of the mature trees outside, it feels secret and special like a treehouse!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- Stay on top of the clutter by putting laundry, clothes and shoes away immediately. Make the bed every day. Use white sheets on your bed for a hotel feel. Keep plants--we have cats so this is the only space we can keep them alive!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- I revamped an old desk to make a vanity. As a mom of two small children it's nice to have a space of my own specifically for taking care of myself! We also keep baskets stowed with toys for cozy Saturday mornings when we'd rather bring the kids to us for family snuggle time.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day