"Our mantra is "shop at home"! Before you go out to buy something, see if there is something already in your house that you can use to create what you want. :) Use what you have creatively, and you might just like it even better than buying something new."--Aimee
We think Aimee has the right attitude for the Cure and it will certainly cut down on the accumulation of clutter and it's very budget conscious. The Cure isn't about spending money on designer furniture (although you certainly can if that's part of the plan), it's about creating a home you feel comfortable living in. Check out your weekend assignment and some tips and tricks right here:
HotRodGal bought some awesome yellow tulips for week one
Ahh it's the weekend! Now before you burn yourself out on the Cure in the first week, a reminder to pace yourselves. Remember to reach out and take 'er easy. We've found that often times in the Cure, it takes a village. So first things first:
- Anyone having a particularly hard time starting?
- Have a question you've been too shy to ask?
- Have you done it before, do you have some words of wisdom?
- Have a great handyman you want to recommend?
- Anyone have some momentum to share?
bought some fabric for some curtains, now how do you make them?
OK, so for the Weekend: The full assignment for week one is here but here are some tips and resources:
- A lot of you have already uploaded pictures and we suspect the rest of you will be doing it this weekend, so we thought we'd remind you of our Photo Tips so that we get the best before pictures possible. One hint: use daylight when possible!
- Make a list of repairs. The worksheets will be up soon, but in the meantime, go around the house and note what repairs there are to do. We like to keep the list in the toolbox so that we don't misplace it.
- The easy and fun one: buy yourself flowers!
- Sweep, mop or vacuum your floors. Check out 30 tips for cleaning hardwood floors
- Having trouble choosing one thing to put out on the street? Unclutterer has some words to motivate.
- Here's the link to the LA Spring Cure 08 Flickr Pool
And we're working on getting you guys all officially signed up, bear with us, we'll get you all in. If you're on the fence we'll keep the Official Sign Up active until monday!