As a mother of two young girls, I get exhausted by pink and lavender and the frilly silliness that usually accompanies it. Instead I tend to opt for bolder, brighter primary colors and more gender-neutral patterns and styles. That said, a little girliness can be a lot of fun in a girl's room — or in any room in need of a little dose of old-fashioned femininity.
1. From left to right: Cluster glass pendant from West Elm, $199; Malibu chandelier from Serena & Lily, $895; Weegee pendant from YLighting, $348; IKEA MASKROS light from Amazon, $59.
2. Etienne chandelier from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child, $229.
3. Mia faceted crystal pendant from Pottery Barn, $249.
4. Large faceted pendant light from Zipper8 Lighting on Etsy, $275.
5. Rhododendrun chandelier from Anthropologie, $898.
(Images: As credited above)