Spring is here and I am ready to sprout some landscaping ideas for my yard. The only problem is that I am a virgin landscaper and don't feel that I have a good idea what works and where to start.
I have a front, side and backyard to deal with, which also includes fencing. I can get overwhelmed really quickly when I start thinking about the scope of this project. I don't need it to be big, costly and fancy — just cozy, bright, cheery and beautiful.
Here is my plan so far:
- Research how to landscape for beginners.
- Drive around and take pictures and notes of yards I fancy.
- Head to the garden stores and ask about the best plants, flowers and trees for our climate here in the Pacific Northwest. I really want winter plants as well so I can create a little cheer in the dead of winter.
- Create Inspiration Boards.
- Call a landscaper and find out the price of a consult.
- Call an arborist to learn about our existing trees and what would work with them.
- Ask all of you for ideas!
Have you ever been in this situation? How did you go about it?
(Image: Loree's Dangerously Beautiful Garden)