ABOVE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
• 1 Mason Jar Luminaries If you happen to have a stash of jars sitting around needing a new use, using some tempera paint to create some fun faces to great the little ghosts and goblins whilst they trick-or-treat could be the perfect last-minute-project.
• 2 Glowing Ghosts Okay, I know balloons and glow sticks aren't exactly green (in the "eco" way, anyway), but these glowing ghosts are definitely DIY. They create such a fun, spooky effect...I suppose you could do something similar with old plastic milk jugs and line your walkway to keep the kiddies safely on the right path.
• 3 Cheesecloth Spider Webs This is so simple, yet the Halloween shops charge a fortune for anything similar. Cheesecloth and some scissors will yield you a quick, yet spooky transformation to your porch or entry way.
• 4 Skull Pumpkins I created these little spooky little guys out of white "ghost" pumpkins. After I carved a rough face, I smeared black makeup around the eyes, nose and mouth. I was able to cut all three of them in about an hour. The "devil" pumpkin above them uses a chili pepper for the tongue and two carrots for horns.
• 5 Wicked Witch With some of your own socks and shoes, this could be used to great effect as kids approach your home.