We all do it at one time or another forget someone on our list, have a last minute dinner party we're attending and need a hostess gift, or the "hear I got you a little something" and you had no intention of going there with them.
If you're in the weekend shopping countdown, here are a few things to help you out if you have no clue what to get cousin Jimmy at the family's exchange.
1. The European Wine glass from Crate & Barrel. Why? because sometimes you just don't want the fuss of a stem and most people already have stemware. At $1.95 each you can afford to do 6 and add a bottle of wine in too.
2. Michael Graves Scrabble game from Target. $27.99 Why? you only have to drive to Target to show up with a very stylish gift. There are other games available as well, remastered by the master.
3. The Los Angeles Zagat Guide, more of a hostess gift unless you include it with a gift card to their favorite eatery, it's still a great thing to have in the house for anyone, and if you don't give it away you can put it to use in 2007 yourself.
4. The Elements of Style Illustrated version Why? we all need a little help in this area, and the illustrated version is a great twist on an old classic.
5. Netflix gift certificate. Why? Because you don't have to get out of your pajamas and everyone loves having movies delivered. A 3 month gift of unlimited 2 movies at a time is only $44.97
Happy Shopping everyone!