- Laura Leigh
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Despite its smaller size, our home has everything we need and nothing that we don't. Small spaces are great at forcing you to really consider what is valuable to you. This extra editing has given us a place that really reflects who we are.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Keep experimenting. Move your furniture around every once in a while. There may be a better way to maximize your space that you hadn't thought of yet. For example, we were living in our apartment for 2 years before we thought about putting the bed against the window, which gave us a lot more space and better access to the closet.
2) Don't be afraid of color. Color can be a great way to define areas in a home and it can also provide a nice flow from one area to another. We used a dark blue wall to make the desk area feel more like a room of its own, even though it is really a large entry way.
3) Drawers are your best friend. I hate clutter, especially in a small space. However, I am not a naturally neat person. I rely on drawers and cabinets to hide clutter.
ATVideo of the Day