- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- The big windows, high ceilings, maple floors. I have lived in my apartment for 23 years and have tried various sleeping arrangements: a loft bed, a single bed, several different full-size beds (with headboard and without). What I've got now seems to work well and is very versatile. I just need to paint a wall and change the sheets/blanket, and it's a new room. Some of the photos show recent, different versions of my bedroom. The large painting in front of the window was a curbside find. I live on a really noisy street and the windows face south, so it's bright. The painting gives me a bit more privacy.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- As little furniture as possible, only what you really need (and like) and keep it simple, white walls, art you like and colors that make you feel safe and warm. Fresh flowers and sheer curtains are nice too.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- My bedroom is really small (only 7 x 13) so I don't use it for much other than sleeping and talking on the phone. I still have a landline and an old fashioned phone. I use it in the bedroom because that's where the jack is. I sit on the rocker while talking and watch the people walking by outside.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day