- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the challenge of figuring out the best way to fit everything into a tiny space. This process causes you to be more intentional about what pieces of furniture you choose. It took a while for me to find the perfect table, because not only did it have to expand when I had people over, but it had to be tall enough to function as my counter space, and also have extra storage underneath. My dad built the daybed in the living room from pieces of scrap wood he picked up in alleyways. It has lots of storage space underneath for my shoes and extra books.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Cut down on everything. This space helped me realize that I don't actually need that much. When I first moved in, I got rid of lots of stuff that I never used or even looked at.
2. Find creative ways of storing things. Most of my furniture has hidden compartments to keep the apartment clutter free.
3. Put things away immediately so the clutter doesn't pile up. The small space forces me to get into the habit of keeping things tidy and organized. Since the space is so small, I've come to realize that any tiny mess can feel a lot bigger than it actually is.