Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Pawtucket, RI
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- Lily and I absolutely love the high ceilings and exposed brick. We have a good mix of old and new: a letterpress from 1915 and furniture we have purchased over time. I also love that we have been resourceful with how we have put our room together. We are both young professionals with big dreams and small incomes, so a lot of furniture was customized by us along with the rest of the apartment.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Our apartment is very dark, the photos show the max amount of sunlight we receive, which can be pretty depressing. I think it is very important to bring the light into the bedroom, adding in bright bed linens and a fresh yellow paint. Our rooms isn't particularly huge, so we use that to our advantage to motivate us to ALWAYS clear the floor of clothes, bags, books, etc.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- We like to keep the bedroom, well a bedroom. No TVs, no desks with computers. It feels nice to get into bed and not here the buzzing of electronics, or feel the urge to check our emails.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat