Much like my other teammates who have weighed in, my dream studio is light and bright. It's in Paris, it's in Los Angeles, it's in Stockholm. It has lively patterns balanced with swaths of white. The bed is the focal point and has luxurious linens and for fun, there are some surprises.
• This simple Marimekko Wallpaper will serve as a backdrop to define the bed area and to add a little pattern on the walls.
• And although the rug in my dream studio at the moment only exists as wallpaper, Makelike's Succulent Wallpaper is my inspiration for a great patterned rug that provides some color and a plushness underfoot.
• Staying with the succulent theme, I'd love to have a trio of these Pod Alluminum Planters filled with succulents and ferns.
• The bed is the four-poster bed frame from Ikea. I like the simple design and that it will help define the bed in an open plan room.
• Storage will come in the form of a classic danish modern credenza in absolutely mint condition from Danish Modern LA.
• I found this image from Real Simple and loved the idea of living in a small space but having the luxury of a fireplace. In the summer, I'll deck it out with plants. And I've been on the hunt for a gold mirror like the one in the picture, it makes me think of Paris in the 20's and it makes me happy.
• The Crapaud Chair from Francois Lalanne is one that I grew up with (Francois and Claude are my great aunt and uncle). The back of the frog is on hinges and flips open so that you can sit in it. I played on the one at my grandmother's endlessly.
• I adore the bedding that John Robshaw created and in my dream I would actually shell out the cash to sleep in some of it.
• A cozy blue armchair will round out the space and give someone somewhere to sit besides the bed (and the frog). Love this one from Jonathan Adler.
• A space isn't complete without some accessories and I love the bright burst of lemon yellow in the form of a retro needlepoint pillow also from Jonathan Adler.
• I always read in order to fall asleep at night so the Manana Floor Light from A+R will help shed light on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (which I'm 3/4's the way through at the moment).
And of course, no space would be complete without a kitty so Hazel makes an appearance as well.
(Images: All products are listed above with links to the original photos. Real Simple photo: Thomas Loof)