Dressing in layers is what gets us through these transitional seasons when it's sunny and warm one day and gray and cold the next. The layered look can serve well in the home, as well. It can provide visual interest, texture, depth, and a sense of abundance.We mostly think of layering (clothes and housewares) in the winter. Something about winter makes us want to gather more around us, whereas summer makes us want to clear it all away. Some layered looks we found for the home:
• 1 Layered mirrors provide an almost prismatic effect, reflecting light from multiple surfaces. (eHow)
• 2 Layered artwork creates a lot of texture, especially when using contrasting frames like these. And, like layered clothing, it's versatile in that you can rotate what's in front, middle and back. (The Washington Post)
• 3 Layered bedding can be so inviting. And extra texture is added here by pintucks in the comforter, from West Elm.
• 4 This white on white dish layering really accentuates the textures of the different plates. (Designs by Gollum)
• 5 Layered rugs can add a lot of visual warmth. (Living Etc.)